The very best Peanut Butter Ball Candies you’ll ever taste!
Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, so you might want to save this recipe! 😉
When I was little my sweet Momma would let my siblings and I help her make cookies and candies every year for Christmas.
Elbow to elbow we sat around the table, eight tiny little hands so busy and two Momma hands to help us along the way.
Still to this day I remember the scents of the delicious treats, the warm and toasty kitchen, the crackling sounds of the firewood in our wood burning stove and the merry sounds of my siblings giggling in delight. Christmas memories are the sweetest aren’t they?
One of my favorite recipes my Momma used was for the most delicious Peanut Butter Ball Candies I’ve ever tasted.
For years I have searched high and low for this recipe and for years I came up empty handed…until a few years ago. My Momma told me to look in her old 1970’s cookbook that she purchased from the Southern Baptist Church we were members of many, many years ago. So I looked and looked and still found nothing…until my Momma let me in on a little secret.
The recipe was not listed as Peanut Butter Ball Candies, it was listed as Reese’s Peanut Butter Candy. My sweet Momma changed the recipe so that my siblings and I could help her and have loads of fun making them. I have one smart Momma, if you ask me!
Here’s the (changed) recipe:
- 2 packages of graham crackers (smashed to make crumbs, about 1/3 lb.)
- 1/2 pound of real butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar (4 cups)
- 4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 bar of paraffin wax
- Waxed paper
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter.
- Work until smooth (I add a little extra peanut butter to help it stick together).
- Make rounded tablespoon sized balls and place on waxed paper.
- Melt paraffin wax and chocolate chips together in a double boiler.
- Dip balls into chocolate (a few at a time) and place back on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate until firm.
I hope y’all enjoy this candy as much as we do and I hope y’all make sweet memories while you’re making them! 😊